Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Trader Joe's Tuesday. On Wednesday.

 
this was way too sweet for me and SG but CJ loved it
if something is too sweet for me you can be sure he'll love it
 
 
 
this is a spin on the cranberry apple butter i posted last month
i'll be taking a tray of both to Thanksgiving dinner to nibble on before we eat
 
 
 
 
i'm not a huge fan of sweet wines
i won't go so far as to say i hate them because, after all, sweet wine is still wine
a lot of my friends prefer a sweet white wine over my favorites (sauvignon blanc or pinot noir)
so i was happy to discover this bottle of Hogue the last time i was at Trader Joe's for a tasting
this is sweet enough to please my guests but not so sweet that i can't enjoy a glass
 
 
 
 nouveaus are traditionally released the third thursday of november.
they're bottled 6-8 weeks after harvest so there is very little tannin and are intended for immediate drinking since they don't improve with age.  i like mine slightly chilled.
2 buck chuck released it's nouveau last week and it's actually really good especially when you consider it's $1.99 price point. it's a great choice to bring to Thanksgiving dinner as it is crowd pleasing, goes well with the menu, and at $2 a bottle you can practically give everyone a bottle of their own...and if your family is like mine, everyone will need a bottle for themselves
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Brie on crackers and two buck chuck?! Please take me with you?! HAHA-- my parents don't drink anymore so it's going to be a loooong weekend. Maybe I'll take a bottle of nouveau with me! HA! Happy Thanksgiving darling.

    ReplyDelete