Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Trader Joe's Tuesday

a hit, a miss, and a home run
 
*hit* 
last week i threw a small party in my backyard
we were celebrating my uncle's birthday while he was in town, from florida, for the week
the man loves beer so i stocked up on every kind of local brew i could get my hands on
but, my grandparents and my nephew don't like (or don't get to have, as the case may be) beer
so i grabbed one of my favorite non-alcoholic party beverages...trader joe's french lemonade
i love their sparkling lemonade for parties because it is fancy and pretty enough for a party
 without tasting too fancy or party ready, if you know what i mean?
i stand by my love of their lemonade but it needs to come with a much better warning label
about an hour before the party i was filling my drink tub so that everything would be good and ice cold upon my guests arrival...when i went to put the room temp (not hot) bottle into the drink tub i immediately thought i'd been shot and, for an instant, i thought i had been shot! after coming to my senses i realized the lid of the lemonade had popped off from the pressure and hit me in the chest
when i calmed down i was glad it was my chest and not my eye
 and i was thankful it had happened to me and not SG
i do recommend the lemonade but i strongly recommend using caution because contents are most definitely under pressure, like for reals
 
 
*miss*
i love kale. i love kale chips. i love nacho cheese.
i figured these were everything i never knew i always wanted
instead? they were gross
 
 
*home run*
brie & pepper jelly on a water cracker

 
 
i like everything about this combination. these are great for a party or just a midnight snack
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment