Tuesday, October 9, 2012

perspective

almost every morning SG and i stand in the driveway so she can wave goodbye to her daddy.
she waves, blows kisses, says "bye bye dada", and sometimes she even cries.
as she's gotten older this happens less, but when she was first born i would get so much anxiety as he drove away. i'm not one of those people who spends much time worrying and i often wish i was just a little more paranoid for my own good/safety. but having my daughter just made me so much more aware, more appreciative, of all my husband does for us and that i don't know what we would do without him. when i first went back to work he was always the one to drive SG to daycare and there were many days when i was crippled by anxiety and worry when the two of them would drive away.
because my whole world was in that car.
so when i hear about things like this my heart just hurts. and i'm reminded of my worst fear, that life as i know it can be over in an instant. i don't know Julee but some blog/twitter friends of mine do and they have just amazed me with the love and support they have shown this family and in such a short amount of time.
 
here are some of the ways that you can help
 
a college fund has been set up for Matt and Julee's daughter, Preslee
 
 
 
and the best place i know to get updates on how you can help is here
 
 
i'll be hugging my little family a little tighter tonight
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I know exactly what you mean. Life can change in one second-- we really need to live each day like it is our last. So heartbreaking. Thank GOD Julee has Preslee.

    ReplyDelete