Wednesday, October 24, 2012

i drank the lululemonade



a couple years ago i made my very first Lululemon purchase
...and i was underwhelmed
after lots of recommendations, i went with the groove pants and the ta ta tamer sports bra. after switching sizes in the pants 3 times i finally accepted the fact that i just didn't like the way that they fit and after only a few gentle washes i wasn't happy with how they held up. the tata tamer was more like some kind of s&m gear i'd expect to find in christian grey's red room of pain. i was a 32dd at the time (this was before SG) and if i got it tight enough in the rib cage it would smash my boobs but if i went up a size i could hula hoop with the band. to be fair, before SG this was the story of my bra-wearing life
 
*enter post-breastfeeding bubbies and life as a SAHM*
 
confession? i wear a real bra about once a month
 sports bras have now become my best friend for*freaking*ever
 
i spend most of my time chasing after a busy toddler.  wrangling her through Target, Trader Joe's, and the Gap. driving to and from the gym, playgrounds, splash pads, and playdates. i was starting to feel like all of my "go to" outfits were either too scrubby or, even worse, too fancy (why are all the cute shirts i find 100% silk?) for my new lifestyle. I really want to be cute, comfortable, and at least present the illusion of being put together as I scurry straight from pilates to a playdate.  but if you know me you know that comfort is key.

(star runner pullover)
 
 
i'm a sucker for the Gap. my Gramma raised me to be a Gap girl. and i guess in a lot of ways i'm rasing SG to be one too.  (if only the Gap would add a line of smocked dresses and applique tees)
so it was a natural and seamless transition as the Gap Fit line made it's way to front and center of my wardrobe. but, whenever i would read the product reviews someone would make a comparison to Lululemon. i just kept thinking that they were crazy because, in my experience, Lululemon wasn't half as good as the Gap Fit stuff. and then one day i let myself start browsing their website again. eventually i pulled the trigger on the  No Limits Tank Energy Bra and the Wunder Under Pant
not to be dramatic but...these three items changed my life
 
and this is when i started drinking (what i like to call) the lululemonade
 
 
there are quite a few things that i still prefer to get from Gap Fit.
I prefer their yoga pants and i love the tanks and tees from their Body line.
but when i throw on a pair of wunder unders, the energy bra, a gap body racerback tank, my rainbows, and an in stride jacket i can easily go from pilates to a playdate and still feel cute enough to meet a friend for lunch without having to stop by my house 3 times to change in between...because who the heck has time for that?


essentials

energy bra


 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I fell off the lulu tree and hit every damn branch on the way down. haha No shame in loving some luon all day urrry day. :)

    ReplyDelete